Fort Riley, KS Image 1
    Fort Riley, KS Image 2

    Fort Riley, KS Housing and Relocation Information

    Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH)

    The military provides two options for the use of your BAH. The first is living on post. provides you with the necessary information to complete that request.

    Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off post. provides you with a military-friendly process and pricing for those looking to maximize the use of their BAH.

    On Post Housing ( Rent On Post )

    You can contact the housing office at 785-239-3525. Renting on post housing can include wait times and accommodations may not be available.

    Off Post Single Family Homes

    For those who are not ready to buy a home, and are looking to rent, check our database for available listings in the area. Click here for Single Family Rentals. Click here for Apartments for Rent.

    Surrounding Cities of Fort Riley

    Cities around Fort Riley (Purchase a Home) There is plenty of off post housing for those looking to find a new home. The cities around this installation are Ogden, Manhattan, Junction City, Riley, Milford, Wakefield, Herington, Abilene, Chapman, Alma and Alta Vista.

    Search Riley area Real Estate Listings

    Contact a local Real Estate Agent

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Fort Riley is responsible for training Military Transition Teams or MiTTs. These teams consist of 10-15 men who come from the Army, Navy, and Air Force to undergo intense training for a 60-day period. Transition training is focused on teaching soldiers how to mentor and advise Iraqi and Afghan security forces. Fort Riley is located near Junction City, Kansas, and covers over 100,000 acres. 

    Housing at Fort Riley is coordinated through the Housing Services Office which is located 45 Barry Ave. Fort Riley has over 3,000 family housing units available on post, and there is a waiting list for housing. Military personnel are recommended to contact the housing office for on post housing at 785-239-3525.